Horse racing is one of the most popular sports to bet on with action coming at you almost every day from around the UK. Picking a winner is not always that easy, however by looking at form, conditions and several other factors like being guided by the experts, you could just help boost your racing wallet. Don’t just rely on tips – racing expert Tom Lee is here to help with his daily horse racing betting pointers. Check back every day and let Tom give you the best possible chance of ending up in the winners’ enclosure.
Sunday 19 May
Meetings, first race time & likely going description
Naas – 1.35pm – Good to Firm
Market Rasen – 1.45pm – Good
Ripon – 2.00pm – Good
Stratford – 2.25pm – Good (Good to Firm)
Ones to watch / Daily Pointers
- It’s Royal Ascot Trials Day at Naas, where 2018 Royal Hunt Cup winner Settle For Bay reappears in the 2.40 race, attempting to add the seven furlong Owenstown Stud Stakes to his already impressive cv.
- There’s a David versus Goliath feel to the 2.05 Naas, a sprint in which the tiny local stable of trainer Gerard O’Leary will be hoping their unbeaten colt Real Force can get the better of Pistoletto, who is also unbeaten but trained by the colossus which is Aidan O’Brien. Real Force was a shock 25/1 winner over course and distance on debut.
- Also run over five furlongs, the 3.15 Naas is the listed Sole Power Sprint Stakes, in which a fascinating contender is Final Venture for the British stable of North Yorkshire-based Paul Midgley. Midgley is a regular visitor to Ireland and has plundered plenty of prize money along the way. Rated 106, Final Venture deserves to be taken seriously here, well drawn and arriving off the back of an excellent second at Musselburgh.
- Naas also host a Group 3 EBF Fillies’ Sprint, a six furlong dash which is due to go off at 3.50. Peace Charter could well be the one to watch, having produced an assured display to wear down the reopposing So Wonderful over course and distance on debut.
- Four-time National Hunt champion jockey Richard Johnson is already battling hard to establish an early lead in the title race in the opening weeks of the 2019/20 campaign, and predictably stays busy by heading to Market Rasen for four mounts today. A Richard Johnson Lucky 15 anyone?
2.15 – 6 Compatriot
2.50 – 3 Whatmore
4.00 – 5 Back On The Lash
5.10 – 3 Craigmor
- 14:35 Ripon – VW Van Centre (Leeds) Stirring Spoon Smiles Charity Handicap (Div 1) – Paying 1 extra place 1/5 1-2-3-4
- 15:10 Ripon – VW Van Centre (Leeds) Stirring Spoon Smiles Charity Handicap (Div 2) – Paying 1 extra place 1/5 1-2-3-4
- 18:00 Ripon – Ladies Day 20th June Apprentice Handicap – Paying 1 extra place 1/5 1-2-3-4
FansBet are committed to giving 50 per cent of their net profits back to fans. To find out more about how they do it, click here!
And is that is not enough check out our Fan Boosts here. The best odds and an unrivalled range of special bets!
FansBet. By Fans, For Fans.
*odds subject to change.